Martin is a former Iron Man Triathlete who runs the events side of the TORQ business. He also manages and coordinates the new TORQ Open Water swimming team...
Sally began to take running a little more seriously in 2011, when she entered the London Marathon - small beginnings for what was to come...
Prior to that particular London Marathon, Sally had done the odd 10k and Half Marathon, but never really pushed herself any further. Things then snowballed as Marathons became something Sally did at weekends after a tough week at work, and often more than one! Multi-day events including Brathay 10 in 10 became the norm, and since then Sally has completed 120 Marathons or Ultras!
Sally fits training in around work and family, which isn’t always easy - ‘if you want it enough, you find the time, even if that is 5.30am’.
2015 was by far Sally's most successful year, with the highlights being:
- Sub 3 hour Marathon at Manchester 2015 and first V35
- 1st Lady at Shakespeare Raceway Marathon
- 1st GB Lady Great Wall of China Marathon
- 1st Lady and new course record for the Thames Path 100 2015
- 1st Lady at the South Downs Way 100 2015
- 1st Lady and course record at North Downs Way 100 2015
- 2nd Lady (shucks..!) at the Autumn 100 (new Ladies Grand Slam record)
- 1st Lady Ultimate Trails 110k
We warmly welcome Sally to the TORQ Performance Running Team and know she's very excited to join us, fighting fit and hungry to run; we’re sure she’ll deliver some great TORQ Fuelled performances this year.
The TORQ Performance Running Team is sponsored by the following and without them, we would not be able to do what we do, thank you:
Scimitar – Triathlon and Cycle Apparel
Zero Point - Compression Wear
USE Exposure - Running Headtorches
Dunerunner - Races & Events
ODO Sport - Kit Revamp & Refresh Products
© Martin Rendle TORQ 2016